1) Essential fatty acids- these can’t be made by body so you need to find them in food or take a supplement. These are important in regulating blood clotting, regulating blood pressure, helps in immune system by controlling inflammation and fighting infections. You can get them from sunflower oil/safflower oil/Brazil nuts. (These contain Omega 6 fatty acids.) You can get Omega 3 through oily fish such as salmon, herring, and trout. Walnuts, flaxseed, chia seeds also have Omega 3. Other foods with fatty acids olive oil/canola oil, avocado, almonds, cashews, peanuts.
2) Cholesterol: HDL is good cholesterol and you can improve this by eating healthy fats, nuts, seeds, and oils. Exercise and weight management is also beneficial. You want to increase HDL in your body. LDL is bad cholesterol. You want to lower this amount in body by decreasing saturated fats, alcohol, fried foods, fast foods, processed foods, etc. You can increase fruits, vegetables, rice, barley, and quinoa.
3) Saturated fats increase total cholesterol and LDL levels. Saturated fats are found in animal products such as beef, chicken, pork, and dairy products. It is best to decrease this in your food consumption. These can also increase stress and inflammation in your body.
4) Unsaturated fats are good and will help lower total cholesterol and LDL levels. You can find them in fish, plant products such as olives, avocados, nuts, and seeds. These can decrease inflammation and have anti-oxidant effects.
5) Why fat is good for us? It provides energy. It insulates us and keeps body temperature stable. It helps in production of hormones. Adds flavor to food and fills us up quicker which keeps us from over eating.
AVOID FRIED FOODS> FAST FOODS> PROCESSED FOODS> PACKAGED FOODS> MINIMIZE RED MEATS??
EAT MORE FRUITS>VEGETABLES>NUTS>PLANT FOODS>DRINK WATER