9 Alkaline Foods that are good for your heart, blood glucose levels, weight loss, and much more. When you keep your body in more an alkaline state sickness/disease struggles to survive. (Sickness/disease thrives in an acidic environment.)
1) Broccoli- can boost your immunity. It has soluble fiber that can reduce cholesterol. It has high amounts of fatty acids-omega 3 which are good as an anti-inflammatory. It also can help reduce allergic reactions
2) Celery- great source of antioxidants, enzyme minerals, and vitamin K/C/B6, potassium, and folate. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help to improve levels of cholesterol, blood pressure, and decrease chances of heart disease.
3) Garlic- can improve the sensitivity of insulin and may lower the risk for diabetes. It might increase the beneficial levels of cholesterol. “HDL” and at the same time decrease total cholesterol.
4) Kale-has zero fat and 1 cup is 36 calories. It is high in fiber. It also has a rich content of vitamin K which is useful in different functions of the body, blood clotting, and bone health.
5) Cucumber- it consists of 96% water. It can clean waste products out of your system. It has vitamin A/B/C and potassium and magnesium. It also can help fight against cancer and to keep your kidneys in shape.
6) Avocado-is considered a super food. It has 20 different minerals and vitamins. It is rich in fiber. The fiber is good in order to lower the spike in insulin and can help you in losing weight.
7) Spinach- this helps improve the control of blood glucose. It can reduce blood pressure and risk of developing asthma. It contains alpha –lipoic acid which is an anti-oxidant and can reduce the glucose level.
8) Parsley- has anti-inflammatory properties and is a pain reliever. It can help to strengthen the immune system. It can provide relief in case of gastrointestinal issues like nausea and indigestion.
9) Tomato- is a good source of copper, potassium, and magnesium. They contain high amount of dietary protein and fiber. They can help protect your heart and also lower cholesterol.
Article by Healthy Food Choices